1. What is Medical travel ?
The term Medical travel refers to the act of travelling across national borders to receive medical care.
Patients choose to travel abroad for care for multiple reasons:
- Advanced medical technologies and techniques
- High quality medical care and safety standards
- Unavailability of treatment
- Avoidance of waiting times
- Lower costs
2. Why choose France ?
On one side, France is globally known for its talented medical doctors and its health care system that was ranked N°1 by the World Health Organization.
On the other side, it is the world’s most popular tourist destination. France is a country rich with its culture, architecture, art and history. It is a country renowned for its cuisine and its joie de vivre.
3. Why choose FAME Santé ?
- FAME Santé offers a wide range of services
- FAME Santé has the best medical partners (centers of excellence and specialists)
- FAME Santé works with the best French tourist facilities
- FAME Santé regularly evaluates its partners to ensure quality and safety standards
- FAME Santé provides you with full customized support
- FAME Santé assists, informs and guides you through your medical travel preparations
- FAME Santé ensures a quick response to your request
- FAME Santé offers you the best quality at the best price
- FAME Santé listens, acts and adapts to your needs
4. I have never travelled. What should I do ?
First step: getting a valid passport. Please get in touch with the concerned local authorities.
Second step: applying for a visa if needed. Please check this website: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/france/coming-to-france/getting-a-visa or contact the French embassy/consulate in your country.
We are at your disposal if you need assistance in dealing with any administrative procedures. Please check the corresponding box to select this option while completing your free quote request.
5. I do not speak or understand French. Is that a problem?
Upon your request, a professional interpreter will accompany you during your stay.
6. How do you select the health care facilities? Do they meet the standards of quality and safety ?
We regularly inspect and evaluate our partners. They are selected on the basis of very strict criteria and they are all certified by the French High Authority of Health.
7. When should I arrive to France ?
Your arrival date is determined following the physician’s recommendations.
8. How long should I stay in the hospital/clinic after my procedure/treatment ?
Recovery time and the length of your hospital/clinic stay will depend on the type and the severity of your treatment/procedure, on your age & on your overall health. The doctor in charge will decide on the date of your discharge.
9. Should I stay in France during recovery ?
If it is recommended by the doctor, you can go back home after your discharge.
But if you decide to take a few days to relax and enjoy France’s many sights, tourist attractions and travel activities, we are here to help you organize your vacation.
10. Can a relative/friend accompany me ?
Of course they can! We offer to provide you and your relatives/friends with full customized support.
11. Which services are included in the price ?
Depending on your request, the quote can include health care fees (surgery, treatment, hospitalization, tests …) and your travel & stay fees (plane tickets, hotel, activities…). All additional services or orders during your stay will be charged. You will receive a final invoice for your stay on the last day of your trip.
12. Will I get a post-operative/post-treatment follow-up ?
Follow-up consultations will be arranged with the physician in charge of your care (up to 6 months), via your personal secure space on our website or via web conferences. Your general practitioner will be asked to join, if necessary.
13. What are the payment terms ?
Once you accept the quote and confirm your wish to proceed with the preparations, 50% upfront payment is required. 30% of the total amount should be paid 15 days before arrival and the due amount within 10 days from the final invoice date.
14. Am I entitled to reimbursement of my medical expenses?
Check with your local authorities because the reimbursement of medical expenses is not guaranteed in all countries.
If necessary, we will give you a translated copy of your medical file and your invoice in the language of your choice.
15. Will my insurance company reimburse my medical expenses ?
There are different types of insurance. Feel free to ask your company if you're covered abroad and whether the intervention or treatment you are looking for are included in your contract.
If not, please do consider supplemental insurance.